Issues We Can Help You Win Anywhere in the U.S.
Apartment & Condo Projects
Attorneys: Land Use, Zoning & Environmental
Child Safe Neighborhood Waters
Comprehensive Growth Plans: How Good Is Yours?
Conditional Use Permits
Convenience Stores & Gas Stations
Crime & Alcohol Outlets
Cut-Thru & Other Neighborhood Traffic Issues
Development Impacts: How To Research
Dog Kennels & Other K-9 Facilities
Flooding & Watershed Development
Funding Your Effort
Gas Stations & Convenience Stores
Golf Course Preservation
Land Use Plans
Light Trespass – Glare Into Your Home
Marinas, Piers-Docks Other Boating Facilities
Mining, Quarrying, Other Extraction
Mobilizing Public Support for Preserving Neighborhoods
Muddy River & Lake Solutions
Noise – Stopping Disturbing Noise
Nuisances: Noise, Odor, Light Trespass & Others
Odor – Stopping Nuisance Odors
River, Lake & Wetland Protection
Scenic View Preservation
Smart Legal Strategies
Special Exceptions & Special Use Permits
Student Housing Projects
Warehouses & Distribution Centers
Waste Transfer Stations
Wetlands, How To Stop Their Destruction
Wildfire & Sprawl
Zoning & Rezoning
How to stop development threatening neighborhood health, safety and tranquility
CEDS helps people to preserve the health, safety, and tranquility of their neighborhoods when threatened by excessive traffic, proposed gas stations, landfills, and many other Issues We Can Help You Win. CEDS uses a unique approach that greatly increases our clients’ success in winning land development battles and a long list of other issues posing a threat to a neighborhood. Our approach is far more effective and costs a fraction of what our clients would pay if they just hired a lawyer or other professionals. For a no-cost initial discussion of options for resolving the issue of concern to you contact CEDS at 410-654-3021 or Help@ceds.org. Also, consider participating in a CEDS one-hour online workshop on what works with regard to preserving neighborhoods from poorly-planned growth.
Equitable Solutions & Politically Oriented Advocacy: The Easiest Way to Preserve Neighborhood Health, Safety & Tranquility
Our unique approach to stopping development threatening a neighborhood begins with Equitable Solutions. Following are a few examples of Equitable Solutions that resolve our clients concerns while allowing applicants to achieve their goals:
- Prevent a tremendous increase in traffic on a neighborhood streets by supporting alternative access for proposed development,
- Convincing an applicant to install far better visual buffering to preserve natural views enjoyed by nearby homeowners, or
- Mobilizing the public support required by a city to minimize the need for a new landfill or waste transfer station.
In the majority of our cases we can help our clients win the adoption of an Equitable Solution(s) without their having to hire lawyers or other costly professionals. If the applicant rejects our solution then we assist clients in using Politically Oriented Advocacy to provide elected officials with the public support needed to mandate an Equitable Solution or to implement other options for winning a land development battle.
Smart Legal Strategies & CEDS Attorneys Greatly Increase Success at a Lower Cost
When a project threatening neighborhood health, safety and tranquility is so poorly planned that Equitable Solutions cannot resolve impacts, then our Smart Legal Strategies approach can be combined with Politically Oriented Advocacy to greatly increase success in killing bad development. Because the attorneys in the CEDS network specialize in helping people preserve their neighborhoods through land use, zoning and environmental laws, CEDS clients win more cases at a lower cost. But the real key to our much higher success rate is the research we do, which few outside our network perform, through a CEDS Strategy Analysis.
CEDS Strategy Analysis Key to Quickest, Least Expensive Way of Stopping Harmful Growth
Many of our clients opt for a CEDS Initial Strategy Analysis where we identify the best approach to stop development threatening a neighborhood by:
- Documenting project impacts,
- Identifying all permits-approval the project requires,
- Determining which permit-approval gives our clients the best chance of victory,
- Seeking Equitable Solutions for each impact and negotiate with the applicant or regulators to win adoption of the solution,
- Mobilizing the public support elected officials need to force adoption of our Equitable Solutions or to deny approval for an excessive threat to neighborhood health, safety and tranquility,
- Help our clients find the best lawyer in the CEDS Good Attorneys network to prevent issuance of a key permit or other approval, and
- We can then, if needed, help you raise the funds required to fight the good fight.
For a no-cost initial discussion of options for winning land development battles and defending your neighborhood from any threat contact CEDS at 410-654-3021 or Help@ceds.org. For further detail on how CEDS wins battles jeopardizing a neighborhoods see How To Win Land Development Issues, our free 300-page book by CEDS president Richard Klein.